Some of our doctors perform employment-related medical assessments. We provide pre-employment medicals and employment medical assessments that are comprehensive and tailored to your profession and industry.
Pre-employment medicals are important for both employees and employers to safely introduce a candidate into the requirements of a role in a specific environment.
Some industry and employment situations where pre-employment medical checks may be required include:
- Public passenger vehicle drivers (Uber, Taxis)
- Commercial drivers (medium rigid, heavy rigid, heavy combination or multiple combination vehicles)
- Rail industry workers (Categories 1-3) – Assessed as per the National Standard for Health Assessment of Rail Safety Workers
- Mining Industry
Medical Assessments, Examinations and Screening For Work
The need for a medical examination or assessment for work is dependant upon legal, employer and duty requirements to perform your job safely. Depending upon industry and occupational specific requirements, the medical checks undertaken for work will vary, and your employer will advise you of what medical and health checks they require. Our doctors are able to organise the following to assess fitness for work:
- Urine Drug Screen Screening
- Vision testing, including colour testing and peripheral vision
- Spirometry (lung function testing)
- Hernia identification
- Musculoskeletal assessments including joint of range of motion and tests of strength
- Standard medical examinations (Blood pressure, Body Mass Index, Urinalysis)
- Functional capacity assessments
Pre-employment Medical Test Video – All You Need To Know: Credit: Adzuna
Book an Appointment
To book a pre-employment medical at one of our clinics in Melbourne, please contact us on (03) 8373 4646.